DFC Siemens Teamcenter Migration
To provide greater flexibility, agility, and supportability by migrating DFC’s existing Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system, Siemens Teamcenter, to AWS tenet and cloud infrastructure.
CleanSlate migrated Siemens Teamcenter to AWS. This included:
• Working with the team to architect the AWS tenant, including VPC, Accounts, Security, Data Center connectivity, etc.
• Defining and implementing a backup and recovery plan for data
• Create Deployment for 3 Environments consisting of the creation of 7-10 Amazon EC2 instances – Dispatch, Application, Web, License, T4S4-GS, T4S4-BGS, Active Workspace, CIS L1 Security Windows Hardening Scan & Remediation, creation of 1 RDS (or EC2) Oracle Database server, and deploy DEV environment into AWS, Assist with Deployment for QA, PROD.
• Migration of Oracle Database to RDS/EC2 BYOL & Migration of Static Assets to AWS EBS/FSx
• Creation of Design/Implementation Documentation
• Conduct Knowledge Transfer to Delta team members at the end of the engagement
Results & Additional Info
CleanSlate lowered the monthly cost to maintain the Siemens Teamcenter environments from $20,000/month to $12,000/month. As part of the migration, Delta was able to upgrade Teamcenter to the latest version providing access to additional PLM features. Finally, migrating to AWS helped to prolong the life of workstations using Teamcenter by shifting some of the compute workload to AWS.
more success stories
We work with medium- to enterprise-size organizations looking for a trusted partner to build and implement cloud solutions that enable growth and scale, flexibility, innovation, and more.
Thinking about moving to the cloud or assessing your current cloud environment? You probably have questions. We’ll get you the answers you need to help you make the right decision.