- Eric Dreshfield (Salesforce MVP / Advocacy Manager @ Apttus / S. Indiana Salesforce User Group Leader / Midwest Dreamin’ Founder
- Mike Martin (Salesforce MVP / Director, Indianapolis Delivery Center @ Appirio / Indianapolis Salesforce User Group Leader)
- Melissa Davis (CMO @ nimblejack)
- Susan Punnoose (Senior Software Engineer @ Salesforce)
- Scott Sondermann (Solutions Engineer Scout @ Salesforce)
What 20th-century invention goes best with beer and pizza? If you answered “robotics,” you’re right! (We also would have accepted “Buffalo wings.”)
Kidding aside, the CleanSlate team recently joined other technology firms around the Indianapolis area for a program called BeerBots. This event is a joint effort hosted by TechPoint Foundation for Youth and Sun King Brewery. The two companies want to ensure “Indiana’s underserved K-12 students have access to experiential learning opportunities that inspire the pursuit of STEM careers.” BeerBots is a fun way to show the promise of their efforts and share its relevance with the technology community.
On another level, it’s a chance to relax with coworkers while nerding out and working with robotics. Over the course of the event, our CleanSlate crew created robots, drank beer, ate pizza, and teamed-up to win prizes in battle. The game is simple: Robots battle for 1 minute, with a mandatory driver change at the 30-second mark. As the rules state, “Both offense and defense are permitted during the battle, and strategy is key.” The first-place team wins a trophy. Three other teams get the Badass Award, the Nerd Award, and the Terminator Award.
If you or your company are looking for a fun teambuilding activity, contact TechPoint Foundation for Youth for more information.